This one-day introductory-level programme is designed for people in the education and training sector who handle information about students, staff or the general public.
The course will take a practical approach to help you identify the steps you need to take to ensure your organisation is ready for the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What You Will Learn
The syllabus of this course encourages the recognition of data protection legislation as one particular safeguard relating to personal information – whilst at the same time recognising the legitimate needs of organisations such as schools, colleges and training providers to process such information.
The day will comprise three elements:
1. An overview of current Data Protection Legislation and the forthcoming GDPR
• Rationale for Data Protection
• Legal Framework and the Data Protection Commissioner
• Definitions and key terms
• The Principles of Data Protection
• GDPR - The key changes
2. Relevant Case Studies - Data Breaches; CCTV; Access Requests etc.)
• What can we learn from Data Breaches?
• How can we minimise?
3. Planning for GDPR – what needs to be done
• 6 Steps To Heaven
Members – book your place at this event for the special price of just €495.00 €395
Membership means more than saving on events. You can also network with like-minded professionals, and gain recognition of your experience and expertise. Learn more about membership benefits.
Members: Book Here